小王子英语版the little prince (小王子littleprince英文原著)

地球 the Earth(一)

第七个星球就是地球。

So then the seventh star was the earth.

那里有许多国王、地理学家和生意人。

There are a lot of kings,geographers and businessmen on it.

那也需要许多灯夫。但在北极只有一个灯夫,他一年只需点两次。

It also needs many lamplighters. But at the North Pole, there is only one lamplighter. He is busy only twice a year.

这是地球吗?

Is this place the earth?

小王子:晚上好,这是什么星球?

Good evening. What star is this?

蛇:是地球。

This is the earth.

小王子:哈,地球上没有人?

Ah! Then there are no people on the earth?

蛇:这是沙漠,沙漠里没有。地球很大嘛!

This is the desert. There are no people in the desert. The earth is large.

小王子:看看我的星球!不是很漂亮吗?

Look at my star! Isn’t it beautiful?

蛇:是的,很漂亮。你为什么来这儿?

Yes, it’s beautiful. Why did you come here?

小王子:我和一朵花闹别扭了。在沙漠里真孤独。

I had some trouble with a flower. It’s lonely in the desert.

蛇:在人群中也很孤独。

It’s also lonely among men.

小王子:你不比手指粗。

You are no thicker than a finger.

蛇:但我比国王的手指还有力量。

But I am more powerful than the finger of a king.

小王子:你没有力量,你不能旅行。

You aren’t very powerful. You can’t travel.

蛇:但我能带你到任何船都到不了的地方。你非常善良,而且真诚。如果你很想回家的话,我可以帮你。

But I can carry you farther than any ship can. And because you are good and true... I can help you some day, if you grow homesick for your star.

小王子:哦,我完全明白你的意思。

Oh , I understand you very well.