读名著小王子 (英文原版阅读the little prince)

第三和第四个星球 the Third and Fourth Star(二)

第四个星球住了一个商人。

小王子:早上好!你的烟灭了。

Good morning! Your cigarette went out.

商人:三加二等于五......早上好!我没有时间再点燃它。四乘二等于八......

Three and two makes five...Good morning! I don’t have time to light it again. And four times two is eight...

小王子:四乘二是多少?

Four times two is what?

商人:你还在这儿?我有许多事情要做。我没法停下来。

Are you still there? I have so much to do. I can’t stop.

小王子:四乘二等于多少?

Fou times two is what?

商人:这是第三次了!

This is the third time!

第一次是两年前,许多鸟从天空中飞下来。第二次是我生病了,但我没有停下来过。第三次......现在就是第三次。

The first time was two years ago when some birds fell from the sky. And the second time was when I was sick. But I didn’t stop. The third time... This is the third time!

小王子:你说是多少?

You said how much?

商人:那些在天空中的小东西。

Those little things in the sky...

小王子:苍蝇?

Flies?

商人:哦,不。小小的闪闪发亮的东西。

Oh, no。Little shining things.

小王子:哈,你是指蜜蜂。

Ah, you mean the bees.

商人:不,是那些金色的小东西。它们让懒惰的人做白日梦。

No, little golden things. They make lazy men dream.

小王子:星星?

The stars?

商人:对,是星星!

That’s it! The stars!