2019天津卷英语阅读理解翻译 (2016天津高考英语阅读翻译)

一:阅读表达(共 5 小题;每小题 2 分,满分 10 分)

阅读短文,按照题目要求用英语回答问题。

As any younger brother will tell you, having a big brother involves a lot of walking in someone else’s shadow, especially when you have a brother who is a typical example of “cool”.

任何一个弟弟都会告诉你,有一个大哥哥会让你经常在别人的阴影下行走,尤其是当你有一个“酷”的典型哥哥时。

For years I wanted to do everything my elder brother Tyson did, but no matter how hard I tried,

多年来,我想做我哥哥泰森做过的一切,但无论我多么努力,

I was always the neglected(被忽略的) one.

我总是被忽视(被忽略的)。

My legs just weren’t made to run like his.

我的腿不像他那样能跑。

I could never play football or basketball well.

我从来不擅长踢足球或打篮球。

I probably would have continued trying to keep up with him for the rest of my high school career, but when my family moved, everything changed.

我可能会继续努力在我高中生涯的剩余时间里跟上他,但当我的家庭搬了以后,一切都变了。

Tyson left for college, so I had to start at a new school all by myself.

泰森去上大学了,所以我得一个人去新学校。

This new start gave me an opportunity to redefine myself and discover an entirely new version of “cool”.

这个新的开始让我有机会重新定义自己,发现“酷”的全新版本。

I don’t know what made me decide to try some new activities at the new school, but one day I chanced to show up for an after-school meeting of the Science Olympiad team.

我不知道是什么让我决定在新学校尝试一些新的活动,但有一天我碰巧出席了科学奥林匹克队的课后会议。

I had always been fascinated with chemistry, biology, and math, but since those interests hadn’t fit.

我一直对化学、生物和数学很感兴趣,但因为这些兴趣不适合我。

Tyson’s definition of “cool”, I had never pursued them.

泰森对“酷”的定义,我从来没有追求过。

On this day, for some reason, I did.

在这一天,出于某种原因,我做到了。

As we organized teams, prepared resources and practiced answering questions, I felt more connected than I ever had to any sports team.

在我们组织团队、准备资源和练习回答问题的过程中,我感觉自己比以往任何体育团队都更有联系。

I didn’t feel as though I needed to keep up with anybody else;

我不觉得自己需要跟上其他人;

I was finally with peers who understood me.

我终于和理解我的同事在一起了。

It was so good to feel accepted for what I’m good at.

能因为自己擅长的事而被人接受真是太好了。

For the first time in my life, I actually felt cool.

有生以来第一次,我觉得自己很酷。

Now I know who I am!

现在我知道我是谁了!

I’m Tyson’s little brother, but that’s only part of my identity.

我是泰森的弟弟,但那只是我身份的一部分。

I’m a cool guy in my own way, too.

我也有自己酷的一面。

I’m relieved to know that "cool" has a much broader definition than what I used to think.

我很欣慰地知道,“酷”的定义比我过去认为的要广泛得多。

2019高考英语天津卷阅读理解,2020年天津卷英语d篇

二、阅读检测

56.How do you understand the underlined part in Paragraph 1? (no more than 8 words)

57.What changes offered a new start to the author after his family moved? (no more than 15 words)

58.According to Paragraph 3, what marked the turning point in the author’s growth? (no more than 7 words)

59.What does Paragraph 4 mainly talk about? (no more than 10 words)

60.What is your example of “cool”? Please explain why. (no more than 20 words)

三、答案解析

56.【答案】Receiving less attention than someone else. Or: Being/Feeling less successful than someone else.

Or: Being/Feeling neglected.

【解析】根据第一段的 As any younger brother will tell you, having a big brother involves a lot of walking in someone else’s shadow, especially when you have a brother who is a typical example of “cool”. For years I wanted to do everything my elder brother Tyson did, but no matter how hard I tried, I was always the neglected one.可知, 就像任何一个弟弟会告诉你的那样,有一个大哥哥意味着走在别人的影子里,尤其是当你有一个很“酷”的哥哥时。多年以来,我想做我的哥哥泰森做的一切,但是无论我怎么努力,我总是被忽略的一个。根据句意, 尤其是 I was always the neglected one 可推测,划线部分的意思是“得不到关注/被忽略”。故填:Receiving less attention than someone else.

Or: Being/Feeling less successful than someone else. Or: Being/Feeling neglected.

【考点】词义猜测

57.【答案】That his brother left for college and he changed schools.

Or: Tyson’s leaving for college and the author’s going to/attending a new school.

【解析】根据第二段的 but when my family moved, everything changed. Tyson left for college, so I had to start at a new school all by myself.(但当我们搬家时,一切都改变了。泰森去上大学了,所以我不得不独自在一个新的学校开始)可知,搬家后,作者的哥哥去上大学以及作者独自开始新学校的生活给了作者他新的开始。故填:That his brother left for college and he changed schools.

Or: Tyson’s leaving for college and the author’s going to/attending a new school.

【考点】细节理解

58.【答案】Joining the Science Olympiad team. Or: That he joined the Science Olympiad team. Or: Discovering his true interests (in science).

【解析】根据第三段的 I had always been fascinated with chemistry, biology, and math, but since those interests

hadn’t fit Tyson’s definition of “cool”, I had never pursued them. On this day, for some reason, I did.(我一直对化学、生物和数学着迷,但因为这些兴趣不符合泰森对“酷”的定义,所以我从来没有追求过。这一天,出于某种原因,我参加了)可知,参加 Science Olympiad 队是作者成长的转折点,因为他选择不再做哥哥的“影子”。故填:Joining the Science Olympiad team.

Or: That he joined the Science Olympiad team. Or: Discovering his true interests (in science).

【考点】细节理解

59.【答案】(How) the author discovered a broader definition of “cool”. Or: He has discovered his own way to be cool.

Or: He found his own identity.

【解析】根据本段的主要内容,尤其是 Now I know who I am! I’m Tyson’s little brother, but that’s only part of my identity. I’m a cool guy in my own way, too. I’m relieved to know that “cool” has a much broader definition than what I used to think.(现在我知道我是谁了!我是泰森的弟弟,但那只是我身份的一部分。按照我自的方式,我也是个很酷的人。知道酷的定义比我以前认为的要宽泛得多,我感到很欣慰)可知,本段主要讲述了作者找到了自己的身份以及自己对酷的定义。故填:(How) the author discovered a broader definition of “cool”.

Or: He has discovered his own way to be cool. Or: He found his own identity.

【考点】主旨大意

60.【答案】Playing football well is cool because I can show how strong I am. Or: Playing the piano is cool because it can give me joy.

Or: Helping the poor is cool because it can give them hope and bring me pleasure.

【解析】开放性题目。只要回答出自己认为什么很酷,以及原因即可。故可填:Playing football well is cool because I can show how strong I am.

Or: Playing the piano is cool because it can give me joy.

Or: Helping the poor is cool because it can give them hope and bring me pleasure.