看美剧学英语how would i do (看美剧学英语go to bed发音)

视频加载中...

(Later, Lynette cleans up while Edie sits at the table, organizing the chips she won.)

整理她赢的筹码

Lynette: "I can't believe how lucky you were today."

你今天牌运不错。

Edie: "Luck had nothing to do with it. I had crappy cards. I was bluffing the entire time."跟运气无关。其实我牌很烂,我一直在虚张声势。

bluff v. 虚张声势

Lynette: "Really? Wow, you're good."

真的?你真有一手。

Edie: "Oh, that's the only nice thing I could say about my first husband -- he taught me how to bluff."

那是我第一任丈夫唯一可取之处。他教会我如何虚张声势

Lynette: "He played poker?"他也打牌?

Edie: "No. So, uh, where was Susan today?"没有。苏珊今天去哪啦?

Lynette: "Um, I'm not sure."我也不太清楚。

Lynette: "Okay. She's going through something, and I'm sure she'd prefer it to be private."

她最近诸事不顺,我认为她想一个人静静。

Edie: "She's upset with Mike, isn't she? Well, come on. I'm gonna find out sooner or later."

她在麦克的事难过,是不是? 我迟早会知道的

Lynette: "She's devastated about the breakup, and she hasn't left the house in days."

分手后她伤心欲绝,她好几天没出门了。

Edie: "Well, why didn't you just tell me that?"

为甚么不告诉我这件事?

Lynette: "Because it's personal. It's the kind of thing she would only want me to tell her friends."

因为这是她的私事。这事她只愿意给她朋友讲的。

Edie: "I'm Susan's friend. Well, I don't hate her."

我是苏珊的朋友,我并不讨厌她。

Lynette: "Edie, if you want me to share stuff with you, you're gonna have to start being more supportive of Susan."

如果你想让我给你爆更多的料,你就得更真心实意地支持苏珊。

share sth. With sb.和某人分享某物

stuff n.东西;原料;材料;无用的想法;废话

Be supportive of sb. 对… …表示赞成,支持

Edie: "Okay. How?"可以啊,怎么支持。

Lynette: "What do friends do? They call, they're sympathetic, they ask about the pain the other person is going through, and then they listen."

朋友之间一般会怎么做?他们打电话表示同情,询问对方正在经受的痛苦,并且耐心倾听

Edie: "What if you want to be supportive, but you just can't stand listening to people bitch?"那如果你确实想支持别人,可那些抱怨你又实在无法忍受该怎么办?

What if+从句?要是......该怎么办? stand v. 忍受 can't stand doing

bitch n. 母狗;(贬)泼妇v. 埋怨;搞砸

Lynette: "Then it's good to know how to bluff."

虚张声势也许是个妙招。