汤姆克鲁斯第74届奥斯卡颁奖典礼 (汤姆克鲁斯获得戛纳荣誉奖含金量)

汤姆克鲁斯第74届奥斯卡颁奖典礼,汤姆克鲁斯获奖

视频加载中...

第34届美国制片人工会(PGA)奖组委会宣布,授予汤姆·克鲁斯工会最高奖——大卫·O·塞尔兹尼克终身成就奖,以表彰其对电影事业的杰出贡献。现场*放播**了阿汤哥的13分钟超长角色混剪,包含了他入行以来所有的经典角色。在发表获奖致辞时,阿汤哥说:“看到自己整个人生在眼前回放,这简直是太疯狂了。“

Wow. It's wild seeing your whole life in front of you.

哇。看到自己整个人生在眼前回放,这简直是太疯狂了。

I want to thank you, Sherry.

我要谢谢你,雪莉。

I mean, you are, you are an exceptional person.

我想说的是,你是一个十分杰出的人。

You're an exceptional person and you've had a tremendous impact on my career and my life and I love you dearly.

你是一个杰出的人,对我的事业和生活产生了巨大的影响,我真的很爱你。

I love you.

我爱你。

Thank you.

谢谢你。

In 1980, Sherry became the first woman to ever head a major studio. It was 20th Century Fox.

1980年,雪莉成为第一个领导大型工作室的女性,那就是20世纪福克斯公司。

Amazing.

真的很了不起。

And I was, I was 18 when I was cast in Taps, a Fox film. That's when I first met her.

我18岁时被选为福克斯电影《熄灯号》的演员。那是我第一次见到她。

It was a seminal moment.

这对我来说是开创性的一刻。

My whole life, I wanted to make movies.

我一生都想拍电影。

I wanted to travel the world.

我想环游世界。

I wanted adventure.

我想要冒险。

As a kid, I'd create characters.

我在小的时候就会创造角色。

I wrote stories to entertain my family and friends.

我会写故事来给我的家人和朋友们提供娱乐。

I always had jobs since I was a little kid, about seven, eight years old. And I would use that money to go to the movies.

我从小就会找工作做,那时候大约七八岁。我会用挣来的钱去看电影。

I'd always watch movies on TV.

我经常在电视上看电影。

I'd watch old movies on TV.

我会在电视上看一些老电影。

But I would always go to the movies whenever I could.

但只要一有机会,我就会跑到电影院去看电影。

And when I didn't have the money, I figured out a way to sneak in or get someone else to take me, you know?

没有钱的时候,我就想办法溜进去或者让别人带我去。

So anyway, there I was.

这就是我的童年。。

I was 18 years old in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, and I wasn't watching a movie.

后来,等我到了18岁,我住在宾夕法尼亚州的福吉谷,我就不是看电影了。

I was on a set making one, and I have to say it was quite surreal.

我当时在拍电影,我不得不说这一切真的令人难以置信。

Taps was produced by Stanley Jaffe who had just won the Oscar for Kramer vs. Kramer.

《熄灯号》的制作人是斯坦利·杰夫,他刚刚凭借《克莱默夫妇》获得奥斯卡奖。

It was directed by Harold Becker of The Onion Field.

该片由《田园劫》的导演哈罗德·贝克尔执导。

It starred Timothy Hutton who had just won the Oscar for Ordinary People, and another brilliant young actor making his film debut, Sean Penn.

《熄灯号》的主演是凭借《普通人》获得奥斯卡奖的蒂莫西·赫顿,该影片同时也是另一位才华横溢的年轻演员西恩·潘的电影处女作。

So these are, yeah, undeniable talents.

这些都是不可否认的才能。

And Stanley and Harold did an amazing thing, and I didn't know enough about film at that time to know how unusual it was.

斯坦利和哈罗德做了一件了不起的事,那时的我对电影了解不多,不知道其中的工作有多么地不寻常。

I mean, they set up weeks of rehearsal before filming.

他们在拍摄前安排了数周的排练。

You know, and there was a writer there, and I had military training and rifle corps training and they pointed us in the direction of research, and this opened the door for me to investigate every aspect of film production.

当时还有剧本的作者陪同,我接受了军事训练和步枪部队训练,他们给我们指明了方向,这为我研究电影制作的各个方面打开了大门。

So I was able to watch these wonderful, these brilliant actors work and develop their characters.

于是,我有幸能看到这些出色的、才华横溢的演员的工作,以及他们所塑造出来的角色。

And I was given the freedom to develop mine, and the freedom to explore every aspect of production, and I had Stanley Jaffe and Harold Becker and an A-plus crew imparting decades of wisdom.

他们给了我充分的自由,让我能够了解制作一部电影所需要经历的方方面面,斯坦利·贾菲、哈罗德·贝克尔以及一众一流的工作人员向我传授了他们数十年的智慧。

You know, there's such as a legendary cinematographer, Owen Roizman, discussing lenses with me.

我曾经和一位传奇的电影摄影师欧文·罗伊兹曼讨论镜头。

You know, film speed, the light, you know.

我们在一起探讨拍摄速度、光线这些东西。

Why he was using this, why he was using that.

他告诉我为什么用这个、为什么用那个。

And there was wardrobe, hair, makeup, special effects, set dressing. There was a stunt department.

还有其他部门,包括服装、发型、化妆、特效、布景。当时还有一个部门叫作特技部门。

I had no idea that stunts was even a department, so.

我当时还不知道特技也是个部门。

And I was able to watch my first rushes.

我因此能够看到我的第一部电影是如何制作出来的。

I was able to go to every department and learn what each department did, what each job entailed, and I was able to explore everything from the beginning to the end of a film production.

我可以去到每个部门,了解每个部门都做些什么,了解每一份工作的要求,我能够探索电影制作工作的一切。

And I have to say, I was absolutely amazed by the craftsmanship and also the tremendous efforts that it took to make a film.

我不得不说,我对制作一部电影的工艺和巨大的努力感到非常惊讶。

And I was also, I was overwhelmed.

我同时也感到不知所措。

I was overwhelmed by what I didn't know.

我要学习的东西实在是太多了。

I mean, here was this moment, something that I had dreamed of my life's passion.

就在这一刻,我找到了我毕生所向往的梦想。

It was cinematic storytelling, and the door was opening, and I didn't want it to close.

那就是用电影讲故事,而电影的大门已经向我敞开,我不想这扇门被关上。

I mean, this is something that I was absolutely certain that I wanted to do for the rest of my life, and I thought, I will never ever take this for granted.

我非常确定,这就是我余生都想要做的事情,我也永远不会把我所获得的一切视为理所当然。

I thought, how do I become competent at this?

我曾思考我要怎样才能胜任这份工作?

How am I going to figure out all of these tools of this art form, tell the stories that I want to tell, affect an audience?

我该如何运用这种艺术形式来讲述我想讲的故事,从而影响观众?

So when Taps completed, Sean invited me out to L.A., and they were gracious enough to, you know.

当电影《熄灯号》拍摄结束后,肖恩邀请我去洛杉矶,他们很亲切。

His family, I stayed at his family's house for a bit.

他的家人很亲切,我在他家住了一段时间。

And I went out and I was interviewing agents and that's where I met Paula Wagner.

后来我出门去面试经纪人,正是在那里,我遇到了宝拉·瓦格纳。

And she represented me for many years and later became my producing partner, and I want to thank Paula Wagner.

她做了我很多年的经纪人,后来她成为了我的制片人伙伴,我要感谢宝拉·瓦格纳。

I love you.

我爱你。

I love you, Paula, for your friendship, and for your partnership, you know.

宝拉,我爱你,谢谢你的友谊,谢谢你的陪伴。

And I was later represented. You handed me off to your husband, Rick Nesita, kept it in the family.

后来我有了新的经纪人。你把我交给了你的丈夫里克·内西塔,我还是没能逃出你家。

I want to thank you, and I also want to thank Kevin O'Vane, who's here, O'Vane.

我要感谢你们,我还要感谢Kevin O'Vane,他今天也在这里。

I've known you for over 30 years. We've been together, Maha, Tequil, Joe Lubin. You know, thank you.

我认识你们有30多年了。这么多年我们都一起走过,Maha、Tequil、Joe Lubin,谢谢你们。

Matt Gelser, and of course, the legendary, late, great, Burt Fields.

还有马特·盖尔瑟,还有传奇的、已故的、伟大的伯特·菲尔兹。

And I'm grateful to you and all of CAA.

我感谢你们和CAA的所有人。

Because when I hired Paula, see, I had these dreams.

因为当我雇用宝拉时,我便怀揣着这些梦想。

I had these goals. Very goal-oriented. You know.

我有很多目标,我是一个不达目的誓不罢休的人。

I had filmmakers and writers and producers and just people within our industry that I wanted to talk to, I wanted to interview. And I think maybe after I interviewed them, they felt more like it was an interrogation.

我身边到处都是这个行业的电影制作人、作家、制片人,我想和他们交谈,我想采访他们。哪怕也许在我采访他们之后,他们觉得这更像是一场审讯。

But I wanted to understand what storytelling was to them.

但我真的很想知道,讲故事对他们来说意味着什么。

And you facilitated this brilliantly, feeding my passion, encouraging it.

正是你们促成了这一切,这一切一直刺激着我的激情。

And I always thought that, you know, if I could make movies, you know, if I could be competent at this, and if the movies made their money back.

我一直认为,如果我能拍电影,我能胜任这份工作,电影就能赚回钱。

And then some, everyone would get their Christmas bonuses.

那么每个人就都能拿到他们的圣诞奖金。

And I'd be able to go out and I could make some more movies.

这样一来,我就可以拍更多的电影。

And possibly, you know, I'd create the opportunities for other filmmakers to do the same.

我甚至可能有能力为其他电影制作人创造机会。

So I am, I'm indebted to a great number of industry legends who had the patience to hear and answer the thousands upon thousands of questions.

我要感谢许多业界的传奇人物,感谢他们有耐心倾听并回答了我的成千上万个问题。

And for no reason other than their love of the craft.

他们对电影这门艺术有着毫无保留的热爱。

That is cinema. They unselfishly shared these lessons.

这就是电影。他们愿意无私地分享这些经验。

And their hard-earned trade secrets, all of the accumulated knowledge learned by them over their illustrious careers.

分享他们辛苦得出的商业秘密,分享他们在辉煌的职业生涯中积累的知识。

And all of them with a different personal viewpoint of cinema, the essence of film, and the intangible meaning of art itself.

他们每个人对电影、电影的本质以及艺术本身的意义都有着不同的个人观点。

And they enabled me to come up with my own ideas and concepts of what I felt worked and what storytelling was to me.

他们让我有了自己的想法和概念,让我了解什么是有用的,让我意识到讲故事对我来说意味着什么。

Jerry Bruckheimer, you are, you are an extraordinary producer.

杰瑞·布鲁克海默,你是一位杰出的制片人。

And you and Don, you opened the door for me.

你和唐,是你们为我打开了通往电影的大门。

And you welcomed me in, and I am very grateful, forever.

是你们张开双臂迎接我,我对此永远心怀感激。

Thank you, my dear friend.

谢谢你,我亲爱的朋友。

I know Steven Spielberg, you know, that I've known him since I was a kid.

我还认识史蒂文·斯皮尔伯格,我们俩从小就认识。

And I'd spent many hours in his home, at his table, talking about movies.

我会去到他家里,我们会在餐桌上谈论电影。

It was a pleasure to work with him on set, and I'm very proud of the films that we were able to make together.

和他一起在片场工作是愉快的经历,我为我们能够一起拍摄的电影感到骄傲。

And it was actually at his dinner table that I met Brian De Palma.

正是在他的餐桌上,我结识了布莱恩·德·帕尔马。

And I went home, and I stayed up that night, all night into the next day, and I was reviewing all of De Palma's films.

那天我回到家,整个晚上没睡,通宵到第二天,我在回顾德·帕尔马的所有电影。

And I called Paula, and I called Sherry.

然后我给宝拉和雪莉打了电话。

Remember that? The next day. And later we offered him a commission possible.

你们还记得吗?就是第二天。后来我们向他发出了邀请。

And he was the first director of the first film that we ever produced.

他是我们制作的第一部电影的第一位导演。

And I want to thank the studios, all of them, each one of you, for teaching me what it is that you do, and distribution the same.

我要感谢所有的制片厂,感谢你们每一个人,感谢你们教给我你们的工作经验,感谢你们的贡献。

And everyone, you've all, you've all enabled me the adventurous life that I wanted.

感谢每一个人,是你们所有人让我过上了我想要的冒险生活。

And I've been able to travel the world and work and watch films in so many countries, to share in their cultures, and realize how much we all have in common and to admire our differences.

我可以周游世界,在不同的国家工作和看电影,了解他们的文化,认识到我们有多少共同之处,同时可以欣赏我们的差异。

And now here I am, and here we are, all these years later. And my dear friend is presenting me with this lovely award.

这么多年过去了,现在,我站在这里,我们都在这里。我亲爱的朋友要给我颁发这个隆重的奖项。

You know, so thank you, PGA, and thank you, thank you, Donald, thank you, Stephanie, for creating this moment for me.

感谢制片人协会,谢谢唐纳德,谢谢史蒂芬妮,感谢你们为我创造了这一刻。

And thank you, Amanda Lumberg, thank you.

谢谢Amanda Lumberg。

Thank you. I love you. And I absolutely must acknowledge my dear friend and collaborator for the past 16 years, Christopher McQuarrie, an exceptional, exceptional artist.

谢谢你。我爱你。我还要感谢我亲爱的朋友以及我在过去16年的合作伙伴,克里斯托弗·麦夸里,他是一位非常出色的艺术家。

And I want to thank all the audiences for whom I serve first and foremost, for allowing me to entertain you.

我最要感谢的是所有爱护我的观众们,感谢你们让我有机会给你们带来欢乐。

And I promise I'll always do everything, everything I can to accomplish that goal.

我保证我会尽我所能去实现这个目标。

I want to say congratulations to everyone in this room.

我还要向在座的各位表示祝贺。

And not just for winning or being nominated, but for creating.

不仅仅是因为获奖或是提名,而是因为你们的创作。

I like to see people do well, and I've been around a while.

我喜欢看到别人获得成就,我干这行也有一段时间了。

I know what it takes to do what you do.

我知道实现这一切需要付出什么。

And I know that things don't just happen.

我知道好事不会随随便便发生。

It's not just luck. You have to create that luck.

这不仅仅是运气的问题。你必须自己创造这种运气。

You have to will it into existence.

你必须坚信它的存在。

And I want you to know that I am always rooting for you.

我想让你们知道,我永远支持你们。

I'm rooting for all of you.

我支持你们所有人。

The better you do in life and in your work, the better every studio does, the better every film does.

你们每个人做得越好,每个制片厂就会做得越好,每部电影也就做得越好。

The better we all do, the better it is for everyone.

只要我们做得越好,那么每个人就都会越好。

So I look forward to seeing what you create in the future.

所以,我很期待看到你们未来的创作。

And I will continue to do all that I can to contribute and help this industry and this art form that I love.

我将继续尽我所能为这个行业和我热爱的艺术做出贡献和提供帮助。

I just got back from filming in South Africa.

我刚从南非拍摄回来。

That's an absolutely stunning country.

那绝对是一个令人惊叹的国家。

And there is a beautiful philosophy.

在那里有一种美丽的哲学。

It's Ubuntu that originated there, and it is the idea that humanity is based on the plural, not the singular. And Ubuntu means essentially I am because we are.

那就是起源于那里的Ubuntu,其中蕴含的思想是人类的存在是基于群体而非个体。Ubuntu的意思就是,我因我们而存在。

And so I thank all of you, and I am because you are.

所以我要感谢你们所有人,我因你们而存在。

Thank you.

谢谢你们。

Thanks.

感谢。