我不知道的14种英语表达 (我不知道的英语口语表达)

视频加载中...

And what do you think of the impact of inflation on GDP?

你怎么看通货膨胀对 GDP 的影响?

Well, yeah, of course.

嗯,是的,当然。

It's...

就是……

Yeah, it's...

对,就是……

I dunno.

我不知道。

Oh, dear.

噢,天呐。

Let's find out some other ways of saying "I don't know." Of course, if you really don't know what to say, you can say, "I don't know." In fact, right, many kids when they hit their teenage years, when they become a teenager, they're very good at saying "I don't know." Or, as we say in English, "dunno." "What you want for dinner?" "Dunno." "Hmm, what film would you like to see?" "Dunno." Right?

让我们看看其他表达“我不知道”的方式。当然,如果你真的不知道该说什么,你可以说“我不知道”。事实上,很多孩子在进入青少年时期,当他们成为青少年时,他们很擅长说“我不知道”。或者,正如我们在英语中所说,“不知道”。“晚饭想吃什么?”“不知道。”“嗯,你想看什么电影?”“不知道。”对吧?

But there are other ways of saying "dunno." And when you listen to English, I think it's really important to be able to understand them.

但是“不知道”还有别的说法。当你听英语的时候,我认为能够理解它们是非常重要的。

And of course, you can start practicing them too.

当然,你也可以开始练习它们。

So, by the way, my name is Keith from English Speaking Success and the website for IELTS students, the Keith Speaking Academy.

那么,顺便说一下,我叫基思,来自 English Speaking Success 和专门为雅思考生服务的网站 Keith Speaking Academy。

In this video today, I will show you six other ways of saying "I don't know." I'll tell you how you can use them, when you can use them.

在今天的视频中,我将向你们展示另外六种表达“我不知道”的方式。我会告诉你如何使用它们,什么时候可以使用它们。

And stick around to the end of the video because I will tell you how to handle those tricky questions in an interview or an exam where you really don't know what to say.

而且要看到视频的结尾哦,因为在最后,我会告诉你在面试或考试中,当你真的不知道该说什么的时候,如何处理那些棘手的问题。

I'll tell you a really good way to handle it.

我会告诉你一个非常好的方法来处理它。

And I'll give you a clue.

我会给你一个提示。

It's not "I don't know." That's not a good answer.

不是“我不知道”。这不是一个好答案。

So stick around at the end for that.

所以一定要看到最后哦。

Right now, let's get into the first alternative to "dunno".

现在,我们来看看第一个“不知道”的代替说法。

Right, number one is, I'm not sure.

第一个是,I'm not sure(我不确定)。

Notice with not, it becomes /nɒ/.

请注意,这里的 not,读成/nɒ/。

It's a glottal stop.

这是一个喉塞音。

It's a what?

这是什么?

A glottal what?

喉什么音?

A glottal stop.

喉塞音。

It's what we call it where the air, you stop the air in your throat just before the consonant.

就是我们所说的在辅音之前,气流停止输出。

So the "not" becomes /nɒ/, /nɒ/, /nɒ/.

所以 not 发成了/nɒ/,/nɒ/,/nɒ/。

I'm not/nɒ/ sure. That's it.

I'm not/nɒ/ sure. 就是这样。

Now we use this when we're tentative about something.

我们在对某事犹豫不决时使用这个短语。

And I mean, you've got some information, but you are not confident it's right.

意思就是,你得到了一些信息,但你不确定它是否正确。

For example, somebody says, "Do you think it's going to rain today?" And you say, "Well, I'm not sure, actually.

例如,有人说,“你认为今天会下雨吗?”然后你说,“嗯,其实我不确定。

I mean, the forecast says it might, but you never know it's true." Do you think it's going to rain today?

虽然天气预报说有可能,但谁也说不准会不会下。”你认为今天会下雨吗?

Number two, I've no idea.

第二,I've no idea(我不知道)。

No idea, we add a W sound because it's two vowels.

No idea,我们加一个 W 音,因为有两个元音。

No idea.

No idea.

Can you see the W, /nəʊ(w)a/?

听得出 W 音吗,/nəʊ(w)a/?

No idea.

No idea.

I've no idea.

I've no idea.

Nice, and this is really when you've got no information at all about something.

很好,当你对某事完全不知情的时候用这个短语。

For example, a colleague says, "Oi, Keith, what time is the meeting today?" "I have no idea, actually.

例如,一位同事说:“喂,基思,今天几点开会?”“其实我也不知道。

I mean, you should ask Tom.

我是说,你应该问汤姆。

He organized it." Good old Tom.

是他组织的。"老演员汤姆。

I've no idea, W, I've no idea, can also be used that idea of when you are bewildered.

I've no idea,W,I've no idea,也可以用在你困惑(bewildered)的时候。

Oh, that's a nice word.

哦,那是个好词。

Bewildered means confused, right?

Bewildered 意思是困惑,对吧?

When you are a bit confused, for example, somebody says, you know, "Keith, what time is the meeting today?" "Oh, don't ask me.

当你有点困惑的时候,例如,有人问,“基思,今天的会议是什么时候?”“哦,别问我。

I've no idea.

我不知道。

I didn't organize it.

不是我组织的。

Go and ask Tom.

去问问汤姆。

He organized it and he hasn't sent out any reminders." Next, I haven't got a clue.

他组织的,他没有发出任何提醒。”下一个,I haven't got a clue(我不知道)。

I haven't got a clue.

I haven't got a clue.

You may hear sometimes people say, "I haven't got a clue." Got a, do you remember the glottal stop, right?

有时你可能会听到人们说,“我一点头绪都没有。”Got a,还记得喉塞音吗?

Got a, got a, got a, I haven't got a clue.

Got a,got a,got a,I haven't got a clue。

You don't need to say that, of course.

当然,你不需要这么说。

You can just say, I haven't got a clue.

你可以直接说,I haven't got a clue。

And this is used when you have complete ignorance.

这是在你完全无知的情况下使用的。

I mean, you don't have any information about something.

我是说,你没有任何关于某件事的信息。

I mean, if somebody asked me, I dunno, "Keith, how do you say tomato in Vietnamese?" "I haven't got a clue.

如果有人问我,我不知道,“基思,西红柿用越南语怎么说?”“我真不知道。

I don't speak Vietnamese. - really?

我不会说越南语。- 真的吗?

I think you need to ask somebody from Vietnam.

我想你应该问问越南人。

Or maybe somebody watching this video." Hello?

或者有人在看这个视频。”大家好。

Tomato in Vietnamese?

番茄,越南语怎么说?

Anyone?

有人知道吗?

Next, another very similar expression meaning complete ignorance, no knowledge or ability is, I'm clueless.

下一个,另一个非常相似的表达,意思是完全不知情,不知道,I'm clueless。

So you could ask me, I dunno, "What's the capital of Kazakhstan?" "I'm sorry, I'm clueless.

例如你问我,随便吧,“哈萨克斯坦的首都是哪里?”“对不起,我不清楚。

I'm really no good at geography." So as well as having no information, it can also mean that you've got no ability in something.

我地理真的不好。”除了表自己不知道这个信息,也可以表示在某件事上没有能力。

So often we say, "Oh, he's clueless, right? Don't ask him to fix your computer.

所以我们经常说,“哦,他不会,不要让他修理你的电脑。

Don't ask Keith to fix your computer, he's clueless about computers." He has no skill or knowledge or ability.

别让基思帮你修电脑,他对电脑一窍不通。”他没有技能、知识或能力。

Oi!

喂!

It's probably true though.

不过这可能是真的。

Next.

下一个。

And the next one is, who knows?

下一个是,who knows(谁知道呢)。

Who knows?

Who knows?

This is often used when you are a bit frustrated with somebody or something.

当表示对某人或某事感到沮丧时,就会用到这个短语。

Do you remember Tom in that meeting, right?

还记得刚刚的会议那个汤姆吗?

So somebody says, "What time does that meeting start?" "Oh, who knows.

有人问,“会议什么时候开始?”“哦,谁知道呢。

I mean, ask Tom.

我是说,问问汤姆。

I mean, Tom's clueless, right?

我是说,汤姆什么都不知道。

He's not set up the meeting properly. He's not sent out a reminder.

他没有安排好会议。他没有发出提醒。

Who knows?" That little feeling of frustration.

谁知道呢?”那种小小的挫败感。

Nice expression.

不错的表达。

Let's move on to the next one.

让我们继续下一个。

The next one is quite informal.

下一个是非常非正式的。

Not really slang but informal.

不是真正的俚语,而是非正式的。

And it's, it beats me, or we just say, beats me.

那就是 it beats me,或者我们说 beats me。

If it beats me, it means it's better than me.

如果某事 beats me,那就意味着它比我好。

It wins.

它赢了。

But here it's idiomatic and just means I don't know or I don't understand, right?

但在这里,它是惯用语,意思是我不知道或我不明白。

For example, somebody says, "Who is going to win the Oscar this year for best actor?" "Beats me.

例如,有人问,“谁将获得今年的奥斯卡最佳男主角?”“难倒我了。

I'm not really interested in films, really." Okay, beats me.

其实我对电影没什么兴趣。”好,beats me。

Or somebody might say, "How did Tom," yeah, the one who can't organize meetings, "How did Tom get that promotion?" "Beats me.

或者有人说,“汤姆是怎么”,是的,那个不会组织会议的人,“汤姆是怎么升职的?”“难倒我了。

I mean, he can't organize people to save his life." There we go, beats it.

我是说,他不能组织人们去救他的命。”好,beats it。

There you have it.

就这些了。

Six interesting ways to say "I don't know." So finally, imagine you are there in the interview room.

说“我不知道”的六种有趣方式。最后,想象你在面试室里。

You are having an interview maybe for a job, maybe for IELTS or an English exam.

你要参加的可能是工作面试,也可能是雅思或英语考试的面试。

And suddenly, the interviewer asks you that difficult question.

突然,面试官问了你一个难题。

And what do you think of the impact of inflation on GDP?

你怎么看通货膨胀对 GDP 的影响?

And you really don't know what to say.

你真的不知道该说什么。

What you cannot do is say, "Dunno." You are not gonna get the job.

你不能说“不知道”。你不会得到这份工作的。

And that's not gonna help if it's an IELTS test, right?

如果是雅思考试,你这样说也不行。

So there are two things you can do.

你可以做两件事。

The first one is you ask this question, "What do you mean exactly?" And this is not saying you don't understand, but it's asking the examiner or the interviewer to rephrase the question or to explain a little bit.

第一件事是你问这个问题,“你具体指什么呢?”这不是说你不明白,而是要求考官或面试官重新措辞来问这个问题,或给你解释一下。

So the examiner or interviewer may say, "Well, how does, you know, inflation, the rise in prices, affect the economy in your country?" And what this does is it gives you a second bite at the apple.

考官或面试官可能会说,“就是,通货膨胀,物价上涨,是如何影响你国家的经济的?”这就给了你第二次机会。

It gives you a second chance because it's the same question but rephrased.

这就给了你第二次机会,因为这是同样的问题,但被重新措辞了。

It also gives you time to think, which can be really helpful, right?

这也让你有时间思考,这很有帮助。

And then you can start speaking.

然后你就可以开始回答了。

If you still have nothing to say because you are clueless about economics, second thing you do is you are honest and tell them why you don't know, right?

如果你仍然无话可说,因为你对经济学一窍不通,你要做的第二件事就是老实告诉他们你为什么不知道。

Maybe, first of all...

也许,首先……

First of all, because if it's an English exam, the examiner is hungry for language.

首先,因为如果是英语考试,考官很想听考试说话。

Don't just say, "I don't know." "Oh, the candidate can say 'I don't know.'" No, they're hungry to hear anything.

不要只是说,“我不知道。”“哦,考生可以说‘我不知道’。”不,考官很想听考生说话,说点什么都好。

So just start talking.

一定要开口说。

And if it's an interview for a job, at least then you are getting the interaction and the communication going, right?

如果是工作面试,至少你要进行互动和沟通。

So you might say something like, "Well, to be honest, I don't know a great deal about economics and I'm not sure really how inflation is affecting the economy overall.

你可能会说,“嗯,老实说,我对经济学了解不多,我也不确定通货膨胀是如何影响整体经济的。

I'm sure it does have a big impact.

我相信它确实有很大的影响。

And to be honest, it's something that I'm interested in.

老实说,这是我感兴趣的事情。

And I think after this interview, I'm gonna go and find out exactly how it does impact." All of that language, the examiner in IELTS can now evaluate even though you are not answering the question, you're giving them great language.

我想在这次面试之后,我会去弄清楚它到底有什么影响。”所有这些话,雅思考官都可以用来评分,即使你没回答他们的问题,但你说了很多话。

If it's a job interview, you are showing, you are proactive, you are interested, you are a communicator, and you know how to think on your feet, how to react quickly.

如果这是一场工作面试,你表现出的是积极主动、感兴趣、善于沟通,你知道如何独立思考、如何快速反应。

These are great skills you need to be showing off.

这些都是你需要晒出来的优秀技能。

So never, never just say "dunno." Right?

所以千万不要只是说“不知道”。懂了吗?

That's it.

就是这样。

Listen, I hope that you have liked the video, found it useful.

听着,我希望你喜欢这个视频,觉得它很有用。

If you have, give me a like, subscribe, turn on notifications and leave me a comment.

如果你这么认为,请点赞,订阅,打开通知并给我留言。

Let me know which phrase is your favorite way of saying "I don't know." Or any other tips and ideas you can suggest for everybody watching.

让我知道你最喜欢用哪个短语来表达“我不知道”。或告诉其他观众你的建议和想法。

And I will see you in the next video.

我们将在下个视频再见。

Thanks for watching.

感谢收看。

Take care, my friend.

保重,我的朋友。

Bye-bye.

再见。