视频加载中...
Hello, everybody.
大家好。
So yes, today, February 14th, marks the annual celebration of Saint Valentine's Day.
所以是的,今天是 2 月 14 日,是一年一度的情人节。
This is a very special day when we celebrate romance by giving cards and gifts to our partners, or by doing something special such as going out for a meal.
这是一个非常特别的日子,我们会给伴侣送卡片和礼物来浪漫一下,或者做一些特别的事情,比如出去吃饭。
And so today, to mark this special day of romance, I'm going to be showing you five love idioms.
所以今天,为了纪念这个浪漫的特殊日子,我将向你展示五个跟爱情相关的习语。
How it's going to work is that I am going to show you a love idiom with three possible definitions.
过程如下,我将向你展示一个跟爱情相关的习语,它有三个可能的定义。
You are going to choose the definition that you think it is before I then reveal the answer and give you an example.
在我揭晓答案并给你们举个例子之前,你们要选择你们认为的那个定义。
But before I do this, don't forget to show this channel some love by clicking to become a subscriber.
但在我这样做之前,不要忘记通过点击订阅对我们的频道展现一点爱意。
That way, you'll never miss out on any of our great videos.
这样,你就永远不会错过我们的任何精彩视频了。
Okay. So now we've done the introduction, now you're all subscribed, let's get on to the love idioms.
好的。现在我们已经完成了介绍,现在你们都订阅了,让我们开始学习跟爱情相关的习语吧。
Okay. So the first love idiom we're going to look at today is this, a blind date.
好的。我们今天要学的第一个跟爱情相关的习语是相亲。
You'll see here that you've got three options.
在这里你可以看到有三个选项。
What I'd like you to do is to look at these three options and decide which of them is the correct definition for this love idiom.
我想让你做的是看看这三个选项,并决定其中哪一个是这个跟爱情相关的习语的正确定义。
You've got ten seconds to decide.
你有十秒钟的时间来决定。
And so, yes, the correct answer, of course, was A.
所以正确答案是 A。
A date between two people who have never met each other.
两个素未谋面的人之间的约会。
Let's see it in an example.
我们来看一个例子。
Greg was nervous on normal dates, but even more so on a blind date.
格雷格在正常约会时很紧张,但在相亲时更是如此。
Hi, I'm Jemima.
嗨,我是杰迈玛。
Um, I'm, uh...
嗯,我,呃......
Okay. And so the second love idiom we're going to look at today is this, to catch someone's eye.
好的。所以我们今天要看的第二个跟爱情相关的习语是这个,吸引某人的眼球。
Again, you've got three possible definitions.
同样,你有三个可能的定义。
Take a look, and think about which one you think is the correct definition for this love idiom.
看一看,想想你认为哪个是这个跟爱情相关的习语的正确定义。
Again, you've got ten seconds.
同样地,你有十秒钟时间。
And so, yes, the correct answer this time was B.
所以,是的,这次的正确答案是 B。
To cause someone to notice someone or something.
使某人注意到某人或某事。
Let's see it in an example.
我们来看一个例子。
Greg couldn't concentrate after the girl in row C caught his eye.
C 排的女孩引起他的注意后,格雷格无法集中注意力。
Okay. So moving on to our third love idiom today.
好的。接下来是我们今天的第三个跟爱情相关的习语。
And this one is, to pop the question.
那就是,提出这个问题。
Again, have a look at these three possibilities and decide which one you think is the correct definition for this idiom.
同样地,看看这三种可能的定义,并决定你认为哪一种是这个习语的正确定义。
Ten seconds.
10 秒钟。
Okay. So did you get this one correct?
好的。那你这个答对了吗?
The correct answer, of course, was A.
正确答案当然是 A 啦。
To ask someone to marry you.
向某人求婚。
Now, let's see this idiom in context.
现在,让我们在语境中学习这个习语。
After a whirlwind romance, Greg popped the question to Jemima.
经历了旋风般的浪漫之后,格雷格向杰迈玛求婚。
Jemima, will you?
杰迈玛,你愿意吗?
Yes, of course.
我当然愿意。
Okay. So moving swiftly on to the fourth love idiom of the day.
好的。所以快速进入今天的第四个跟爱情相关的习语。
And it is, to fall head over heels for someone.
这个就是,为某人倾倒。
Again, same idea.
老规矩。
You've got three options here.
你有三个选择。
Please take a look and then think which one you think is the correct definition.
请看一下,然后想想你认为哪一个是正确的定义。
Ten seconds.
10 秒钟。
Okay. So the correct answer was, again, A.
正确答案还是 A。
To fall completely in love with someone.
爱上某人。
Let's take a look at this idiom in context.
让我们在语境中学习这个习语。
Greg had so much in common with Jemima that he fell head over heels for her.
格雷格和杰迈玛有如此多的共同点,以至于他深深地爱上了她。
Okay. And finally, our fifth and last love idiom of today.
好的。最后,我们今天的第五个也是最后一个跟爱情相关的习语。
And that is, to settle down.
那就是,安定下来。
So, again, take a look at these three options and then think about which one you think is the correct definition for this love idiom.
所以,同样地,看看这三个选项,然后想想你认为哪一个是这个跟爱情相关的习语的正确定义。
You have, of course, ten seconds.
当然,你有十秒钟。
Okay. And so the correct answer this time was letter C.
好了。这次的正确答案是 C。
So let's see this final idiom in context.
让我们结合语境来学习最后一个习语。
After travelling for many years, Greg decided to settle down back home in Cambridge.
旅行多年后,格雷格决定回到剑桥的家中定居。
So there we go.
就到这里啦。
Five love idioms that might be useful for you today when celebrating Saint Valentine's Day.
今天庆祝情人节时,五个可能对你有用的跟爱情相关的习语。
But can all of you people at home name some more?
但是你们所有在家的人能说出更多的习语吗?
Because I've covered only five today and there are lots, lots, lots more out there.
因为我今天只说了五个,其实还有很多很多。
So if you know another one, please put it in context and comment below.
所以如果你知道其它的,请把在语境中使用它,并在下面评论。
So that's pretty much a wrap.
所以差不多要结束了。
But before I go, as ever, please don't forget to subscribe to the channel if you haven't already.
但是在我走之前,和以往一样,如果你还没有订阅这个频道,请不要忘记订阅。
And wherever you are in the world, I hope you have a great Valentine's Day.
无论你在世界的哪个角落,我都希望你有一个美好的情人节。
And I'll see you next time for more language fun.
我们下次再见,一起享受更多的语言乐趣。