作者:小雅和英美友人

Water Park 水上乐园
Mom: We're finally at the water park!
妈妈:我们终于到了水上乐园了!

What do you want to do first?
你想先玩什么呀?
Child: How about the water playground?
宝宝:水上游乐场怎么样?
水上游乐场也叫splash pad,即水花四溅的一块地方,有各种喷水的设施,比较适合小孩玩。这个单独的项目叫water playground,整个水上乐园叫water park。

My classmates are always talking about it.
我同学老聊这个。
Water Playground 水上游乐场
Mom: Look at all the ways water is spewing out everywhere!
妈妈:看,到处都在喷水,各式各样的!
Spray是“喷”的通用说法,spew是力度比较大的喷射。
It's coming up from the ground,
有的从地面出来,

and funny shaped pipes.
有的从奇形怪状的管子里出来。

It's even dripping off of the umbrella-shaped fountain.
还有的从雨伞形状的喷泉里滴下来。

Child: Can I go play, Mom?
宝宝:我能去玩么,妈妈?

Mom: Yes, but stay where we can see you.
妈妈:好的,但是得呆在我们能看见你的地方。
Mommy and Daddy are going to lie out in the chairs here for a bit.
爸爸妈妈要在椅子这儿躺一会儿。

We'll come play with you in a little bit!
我们一会儿就来和你玩!
☀ 20 mins later
Mom: I'm coming to join you!
妈妈:我来和你一起玩了!
Let's see who can stand under this fountain longest!
咱们看看谁在喷泉下面站的时间最长!

Make sure to hold your breath…1, 2, 3!
一定要屏住呼吸……1、2、3!
Child: I win!
宝宝:我赢了! I stayed under the longest.
我在下面呆的时间最长。
Mom: You did!
妈妈:是的!
Child: All that water coming down,
宝宝:水下来的时候,
felt like thunder in my head!
感觉像是头上在打雷!

Mom: That's a good way to describe it!
妈妈:你描述得很好!
Shall we do something more exciting?
咱们玩点更刺激的吧?
Water slides?
水滑梯好吗?

Child: Yay!宝宝:耶!
Water Slide 水滑梯
Mom: What are you interested in riding first?
妈妈:你想先滑哪个?
Child: I'm big enough for both the straight and twisted water slide now.
宝宝:我现在已经足够大了,直的和弯的水滑梯都可以滑了。
Mom: Okay, let's do the straight slide first.
妈妈:好的,我们先滑直滑梯。

Child: Race you to the top!
宝宝:看谁先到顶!
☀ At the top 在顶上
Mom: Listen to the attendant about the rules.
妈妈:听工作人员讲解规则。
Grab the mat
拿一个垫子,
and lie down on it on your stomach.
趴在上面。

Only push off when he says to.
他说出发的时候才能出发。
Mommy will be right behind you.
妈妈就在你身后。
Child: Here we go!
宝宝:开始啦!
Whee!
哦!

☀ At the bottom 到了底部
Child: That was fun.
宝宝:真好玩。
Can we do it again, please?
咱们能再玩一次么?
Mom: The line is short -- why not?
妈妈:队很短——可以呀。
Let's just turn in the mats.
咱们把垫子先还了。

We'll get new ones up at the top again.
咱们到顶上的时候会有新的垫子。
☀ After having enough fun on the straight slide 直滑梯玩够了以后
Child: Let's go ride the twisted water slide!
宝宝:咱们去玩弯的水滑梯吧!
小朋友们也会说twisty water slide。

Mom: Yes.
妈妈:好的。
Again, listen to the attendant's directions!
还是听工作人员的指令!
Attendant: Lie on your back
工作人员:躺下,
with your legs straight.
腿伸直。
Make sure to keep your arms crossed across your chest.
双臂保持在胸前交叉。

Child: Is this right?
宝宝:这样对么?
Attendant: Yes.
工作人员:对的。
Ready?
准备好了么?
I'll give you a push if so.
好了我会推你一把。
Child: Yup!
宝宝:好了!
Attendant: 1, 2, 3!
工作人员:1、2、3!

☀ At the bottom 到了底部
Child: That was fun!
宝宝:真好玩!
I think I went upside down.
我觉得我倒过去了。

Mom: Maybe you did.
妈妈:可能是吧。
How do you feel?
你觉得怎么样?
Child: I feel fine.
宝宝:我觉得没事。
What are we doing next?
咱们接下来做什么?
Mom: I'm getting hungry.
妈妈:我饿了。

Why don't we go get lunch
咱们把午饭吃了,
and then relax in the lazy river?
然后去懒人漂流放松一下吧。

Child: Sounds good to me!
宝宝:听起来很不错!
懒人漂流、碰碰船、人造波浪池的亲子英文,下期为大家奉上!
更多儿童 游乐场所相关英文,请查看:
滑梯是小朋友们最喜爱的游乐场项目,没有之一,我教你地道的滑梯英文
点击下方链接,购买《你和宝宝说英语》一书,学习衣食住行玩相关的30个场景的亲子英文,自创家庭英语环境!
【当当】你和宝宝说英语
¥47.5
购买