
How to avoid catching a cold
如何避免感冒
How many colds do you catch in a year?
你一年感冒几次?
Most of my friends catch quite a few colds.
我的大多数朋友都感冒了。
They cough, sniffle and sneeze.
他们咳嗽、抽鼻子和打喷嚏。
They carry around tissues and blow their noses all the time.
他们随身携带纸巾,经常擤鼻涕。
Their eyes water, and they have scratchy throats.
他们眼睛流泪,喉咙发痒。
I don’t get many colds.
我不常感冒。
In fact, I can go for a whole year and never catch a cold.
事实上,我可以一整年都不感冒。
That is why I consider myself an expert on how not to catch a cold.
这就是为什么我认为自己是如何不感冒的专家。
I’ll tell you how to avoid catching a cold.
我会告诉你如何避免感冒。
I think that you need to take a lot of vitamin C.
我认为你需要摄入大量维生素C。
I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables.
我吃很多水果和蔬菜。
I drink fruit juice too.
我也喝果汁。
I also take vitamin C pills.
我还吃维生素C药片。
Whenever I begin to feel a cold coming on, I make sure that I have taken my vitamin C pill, and I drink a lot of orange juice.
每当我开始感到感冒时,我都会确保服用了维他命C药片,并且喝了很多橙汁。
That usually knocks the cold right out of my system.
这通常会让我的身体不适。
I make sure that I get a lot of fresh air.
我确保能呼吸到很多新鲜空气。
In the winter, a lot of buildings are shut up tight so that the air is stale, and people’s germs circulate through the buildings.
在冬天,许多楼房都被严密封闭,空气变得不新鲜,人们的细菌在建筑中传播。
I get outside and breathe in fresh clean air.
我出去呼吸新鲜清洁的空气。
If somebody is rude enough to cough or sneeze right in front of me without covering his or her mouth, I just hold my breath for a second.
如果有人粗鲁到在我面前咳嗽或打喷嚏而不捂住嘴,我就屏住呼吸一会儿。
I’m not sure if this works or not, but I don’t want to breathe in anybody’s cold germs.
我不确定这是否有效,但我不想吸入任何人的感冒病菌。
Many germs are passed through hands.
许多细菌通过手传播。
It is important to wash your hands thoroughly if you touch anything in a public place.
如果你在公共场所触摸任何东西,彻底洗手是很重要的。
If I hold a banister while I am walking down the stairs, I think of all the people who have used that banister, and I make sure that I wash my hands before I eat.
如果我下楼梯时扶着栏杆,我会想起所有使用过扶手的人,我会确保在吃饭前洗手。
Doorknobs also have a lot of germs on them.
门把手上也有很多病菌。
Money is another thing that is passed from hand to hand and is covered with germs.
钱是另一种东西,它会从一只手传递到另一只手,上面布满了细菌。
Sometimes, I see people stick money into their mouths.
有时,我看到人们把钱塞进嘴里。
Just think of all the germs that you would be putting into your mouth if you did that.
想想如果你那样做了,你会把所有的细菌都放进嘴里。
If you just give it a little bit of thought, you can avoid a lot of the germs that cause colds.
如果你稍微考虑一下,你就可以避免很多导致感冒的细菌。
If you eat good foods and stay fit, your body will be able to fight off the germs that cause colds and other diseases.
如果你吃得好,保持健康,你的身体将能够抵抗引起感冒和其他疾病的细菌。
It is not always possible to avoid colds, but if you do catch a cold, drink plenty of fluids and get a lot of rest.
避免感冒并不总是可能的,但如果你真的感冒了,就要多喝水,多休息。