Thank you for driving me to work.
多谢你开车送我
You know this is my day off, Sheldon.
Sheldon 今天我可是歇班的
Oh, good. I’m not keeping you from anything.
噢 那好哇 我没耽误你什么事
Your "check engine" light is on.
"检查引擎"的灯亮着呢
Typically that’s an indicator to, you know, check your engine.
基本上 它的意思是要让你 检查引擎
It’s fine. It’s been on for, like, a month.
没事的 都已经亮了有一个月了
Well, actually, that would be all the more reason to...
好吧 那这么说来 你就更得去...
you know, check your engine.
检查一下引擎了
Sheldon, it’s fine.
Sheldon 没事的
If it were fine, the light wouldn’t be on.
要真没事的话 灯干嘛还亮着
That’s why the manufacturer installed that light, to let you know it’s not fine.
生产商装这个指示灯的目的不就是在出问题的时候提醒你嘛
Maybe the light’s broken.
大概是灯坏了吧
Is there a "check the check engine light’ light"?
有没有"检查’检查引擎灯’指示灯"?

What?
啥?
Studies have shown that performing tasks such as eating,
有研究表明 在开车的时候
talking on a cell phone or drinking coffee while driving reduces one’s reaction time
吃东西 打手机 或者喝咖啡等等都会对降低人的反应敏捷度
by the same factor as an ounce of alcohol.
就和喝了一盎司酒一样
Do you have any alcohol?
你喝酒了吗?
Of course not.Too bad.
当然没有太糟了
You’re going up Euclid Avenue?
你要从Euclid大道走?
Leonard takes Los Robles Avenue.
Leonard通常走Los Robles大道
Well, good for Leonard.
Leonard真行啊
Euclid Avenue is shorter as the crow flies, but it has speed bumps,
Euclid大道直线距离是短点可路上有减速带啊
which appreciably increase point to point drive time, making it the less efficient choice.
点对点的行车时间就显著增加这样一来就不算高效了
But you have the conn.
不过方向盘在你手里
Of course, if you’re not going to slow down fothe speed bumps,
当然 如果你通过减速带时不减速
I withdraw my previous objection.
我收回我之前的话