商务英语实用语法100例 (商务英语口语的特点及表达技巧)

#头条创作挑战赛#

shine a light on sth 揭露公开某事 == sth be brought to light 某事被揭露 == sth come to light 某事曝光,为人所知

  • He shined a light on some public secrets of food industry. 他揭露了一些食品行业的公共秘密。
  • Some public secrets of food industry are brought to light. 一些食品行业的公开秘密被揭露。
  • Some public secrets of food industry came to light. 一些食品行业的秘密被曝光了。

shop around 货比三家 ==== a bargain hunter 到处寻找廉价货的人; 专买便宜货者

  • Although I get accustomed to shopping around before buy some items, I am not a bargain hunter. 虽然我买东西之前习惯货比三家,但是我不是一个专卖便宜货的人。

pour cold water on sth == throw cold water over sth == throw a wet blanket on sth 泼冷水

  • Just don't pour cold water on my plan. 不要泼我计划的冷水就好。
  • Just don't throw cold water over my plan. 不要泼我计划的冷水就好。
  • Just don't throw a wet blanket on my plan. 不要泼我计划的冷水就好。

weather the crisis == survive the crisis 渡过危机== make/bring sth through the crisis 让...度过危机

  • Hopefully, our company can weather the crisis this time. 希望这次我们公司可以渡过危机。
  • Hopefully, our company can survive the crisis this time. 希望这次我们公司可以渡过危机。
  • Hopefully, they can help bring the company through the crisis. 希望他们可以帮助公司渡过危机。

be wet behind the ears 年轻缺乏经验的;乳臭未干的 == be as green as grass 缺乏经验的;少不更事的

  • You is as green as grass, we need experienced workers. 你缺乏经验,我们需要有经验的。
  • You is wet behind the ears, we need experienced workers. 你年轻缺乏经验,我们需要有经验的工人。

test the water == dip a/sb's toe in the water 试水

  • To play it safe, let's test the water with a small sum before investing heavily in the business. 安全起见,在我们大规模投资这项业务之前,让我们投一笔小钱先试试水先。
  • You had better dip a toe in the water first, rather than plunging in with the project with a forture. 你最好先试试水,而不是一下子带着一大笔钱就一头扎进这个项目里。